In this guide, we will walk you through the two different methods that you can use to import references into Rayyan using Mendeley Reference Manager: file upload and web import. These methods provide an efficient and convenient way to organize and manage your references for your literature reviews and systematic reviews. With the help of Mendeley, you can easily import your references into Rayyan, saving you time and effort in the process.
Tip: Mendeley can be used to search for articles as well as store and organize references for importing into Rayyan for your literature reviews and systematic reviews.
Method 1: Export references from Mendeley and upload the files to Rayyan
1. Log in to your Mendeley account and select the references you wish to export.
2. Click on File, then on Export All, and make sure to select RIS as the format.
3. Name the file and the click on Save.
4. Navigate to your Rayyan account, then to the Upload Reference page, and select the Mendeley file you exported earlier.
Method 2: Import via the web by connecting your Mendeley account to Rayyan
1. Start by launching Mendeley Reference Manager application on your device, and make sure that you are logged in using the same email address you have registered on Rayyan.
2. (You can skip this part if you already have your references on your Mendeley account). Import your references into Mendeley by clicking +Add new in the upper left-hand corner. Select the appropriate file format to avoid any errors.
3. Once the references have been added, you must create a New Collection from the left-hand task bar under Collections. Give the collection a name that will help you to identify it later.
Go to the Recently Added section and select the references that you would like to import into Rayyan for your review. Please note that Rayyan will only import up to 10,000 references per collection, even if the collection has more than 10,000 references.
4. After selecting the references you wish to import to Rayyan, click on Organize and select Add to Collection.
5. Continue by choosing the Collection you have previously created.
6. In your Rayyan account, go to the Upload References page and click on the Import from Mendeley button. Click on the Connect Mendeley Account icon in the upper right corner to sync your Mendeley account.
7. Select the Collection you wish to import and click the Import button. A notification will appear on the right showing the success or failure of the import.
8. Following the successful import, you can click Continue, and Rayyan's AI will start processing and reading the uploaded references. Once this is accomplished, all the filters will be populated and you can enjoy the benefits of Rayyan.
Note: Your Mendeley account will remain linked to Rayyan, making it easy for you to import collections in the future starting from step 7.
Following the above instructions, you should now be able to import your references from Mendeley into Rayyan with ease.
Keep in mind, Rayyan offers a variety of additional features to its premium members, such as the Rayyan mobile app for iOS and Android, workbench facets and filters, duplicate reference detection, and 5-star relevance ranking. These features can help you streamline and optimize your literature review process. To learn more about these features and how to use them, check out the following relevant articles:
- Learn more about using workbench facets and filters
- Learn how to detect duplicate references in your review
- Learn about screening references in Rayyan
- Learn about using Rayyan's 5-star relevance ranking system
By taking advantage of these features, you can make the most of your literature review process with Rayyan.
Download the Rayyan Mobile App