How to Extract PICO
Extract PICO Button: To use the PICO filters, click on the "Extract PICO" button when reviewing articles.
Wait for PICO Filters: Once you've initiated the extraction, the PICO filters will be automatically populated based on the content of the articles.
Sample PICO Results
Sample PICO Facets
- Rayyan uses truncated forms of words and phrases. This captures multiple variations of words and optimizes accuracy
- The Intervention facet includes both Intervention and Comparison elements (i.e. I and C are merged)
- Like other facets in Rayyan, you can select any number of words or phrases inside each facet. Selecting multiple items in the same facet functions as an OR function. In other words, your results will either stay the same or increase as you select more words or phrases
- Selecting words or phrases across facets works as an AND function. In other words, your results will either stay the same or decrease as you select additional words or phrases in other facets (i.e. your search results will be further constrained by adding more filters)
- You can click More at the bottom of each facet to see additional words or phrases. You can click on Clear at the top to clear all the selections inside that facet
- The facets are sorted by frequency of word or phrase