Upload references/articles to a review
1. Click on the review name.
2. Click Show.
3. Files may be added anytime throughout the workflow. If you are adding references to a non-empty review, click New search or Add new in the Search methods box to go to the upload page. Otherwise, continue to step 4.
On the right hand side of the upload screen, there are links to guides to show you how to download your references from various reference managers or databases.
This means you will have already completed your searches of various databases and either saved the references in a reference manager of your choice (EndNote, Zotero, Mendeley, etc) which you would then export in order to upload into Rayyan, or you may have saved your searches as files downloaded directly from the various databases you searched (e.g. like PubMed) and you can upload those files directly to Rayyan.
4. On the upload page, click Select files.
5. Locate your reference files on your local disk (Please make sure the references are laid out in a format accepted by Rayyan as outlined here), then click on upload.
Rayyan permits importing 10 files at a time of 100MB per file allowing 1GB of data to be imported simultaneously! Furthermore, those files may be compressed into zip files, mixed and matched and even nested with zip files inside of zip files.
6. Click Continue.
Once the references/articles are imported, Rayyan will automatically populate the filters on the left.
7. To delete an import, click the trash icon to the right of the record in the Search methods box, then confirm.