Rayyan's rating system uses machine learning and Artificial Intelligence to dramatically speed up systematic reviews. This short video explains how Rayyan's 5 star ratings work:
Rayyan's AI-powered 5 star rating system helps reviewers accelerate their systematic reviews by learning patterns in decision criteria as reviewers make decisions and using that learning to rate the probability that an article will be included.
To use the rating system:
- Make at least 50 include and/or exclude decisions in your systematic review
- Click on the button "Compute ratings"
- Wait a few minutes as Rayyan's AI engine analyzes all of your reviews
- When you go back into Rayyan, you'll see star ratings from zero stars - near zero likelihood of inclusion to 5 stars - very high likelihood of inclusion
- When sorting on the 5 star rating system, the order is precise - in other words, the exact calculation dictates the order while the visible stars show an approximation
- As you make more decisions, you can compute ratings again at any time. The more decisions you make, the more accurate the ratings will be - as Rayyan learns more from each decision