How does PICO Highlighting work in Rayyan?
- Rayyan highlights any PICO element that it detects with a 70% confidence level or higher
- Hovering over any highlighted text will show you what element of PICO it is related to and the confidence level.
- Comparison / Control is merged with Intervention, so for example you will see placebo as an intervention.
- You can turn on/off highlighting of PICO elements using the PICO Highlights button
- Unlike keyword highlighting of all instances of a word, PICO highlighting only occurs when the text is related to PICO.
How do PICO Facets (Beta) and PICO Filters work?
- The 3 PICO facets (Population, Intervention/Comparison, Outcome) contain filters that rely on word truncation
- A PICO element with less than a 70% score will not be highlighted but will still be returned in the results of a filter
- The PICO filters order the results by the index with the most articles
- Like with all facets, combining filters within a facet produces "OR" and combining across facets produces "AND".
Who has access to PICO highlighting and filtering?
- Only a review owner with a membership that includes PICO access will be able to create a review in which PICO highlighting/filtering appears
- Rayyan processes all of reference articles upon import to present you the PICO results immediately
- PICO will not appear on any reviews prior to it being enabled on the account of the review owner
- All reviewers associated with each review that has PICO highlighting and filtering will have access to these features
- Membership options with PICO support can be found on the Memberships page